Chewable Klein-tastic Pendant Necklace
A stylized interpretation of the Klein bottle, this pendant has smooth lines and surfaces. Firm and wide at the center, it features tapered edges and a flexible handle, creating a variety of tactile stimming opportunities as well as a durable chewing area.
Note: Due to its thinness, the handle area of the pendant can be very easily damaged by even light chewing. Please avoid chewing on the handle to maximize the life of your pendant.
The design for this piece was inspired by Kyle Bezold, who blogs about life as an autistic college student at misarranged-wires. The name was contributed by Tumblr user Transientescape.
Not sure what a Klein bottle is? Simply put it, it's a 3-D mobius strip - an infinite object with a single surface. First conceived by mathematician Felix Klein in 1882, a true Klein bottle requires 4 dimensions. Intrigued? Learn more here.
Concerned about sensory sensitivities? Our chewy pendants are made from food-grade silicone, a tasteless, odorless material that is ideal for chewing.
- Pendant size: 3" (7.6 cm) tall, 1.5" (3.8 cm) wide, 1/4" (.6 cm) thick at narrowest point to 5/8" thick at thickest points
- Necklace cord: 30-inch (76 cm) black cord with brushed satin finish and breakaway clasp, can easily be shortened to your preferred length
- Pendant materials: Nontoxic, FDA-compliant food-grade silicone. BPA, PVC, lead, heavy metal, latex, and phthalate free.
- Not sure what kind of chewer you are? Here's a helpful guide to chewing levels
- Silicone jewelry care instructions: online | PDF
- WARNING: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.